Sunday, February 06, 2005

Battlefield in HER's head

Righteousness (mad): What, in heaven's name, do you think you are doing?
Corruption (surprised): What?!
Righteousness (still mad): I am asking you what are you doing?
Corruption: I am not doing anything.
Righteousness (more mad): Liar, you just told HER not to finish her work.
Corruption: I did not.
Righteousness: Yes you did.
Corruption: No, I didn't. She is the one who doesn't want to work. She is tired and sick of it.
Righteousness: Yes and you are encouraging her.
Corruption: Well, of course I am. This is my job.
Righteousness: You are evil. You are just driving HER to her mysery. You know she has to finish this or else she will be in trouble.
Corruption: Well it's your job to convince her not to listen to me.
Righteousness: Well I can't do my job because you are so tempting. One word of you distracts HER from listening to me.
Corruption (smiling): Well this is because I am good.
Righteousness: No that is because you just know her weakness.
Corruption: Unlike you who doesn't and is always pushing her so hard that one day she will just totally surrender to me.
Righteousness: That will never happen. And wait a minute! You are also telling her to go to that place with these people and specially that guy whom she shouldn't go with.
Corruption: Yes. I told you she is tired because you keep pushing her all the time. Now she needs some fun to keep going and this is my job.
Righteousness: But what you are telling her is wrong.
Corruption: Yeah and that is the fun of it.
Righteousness: Oh, please HER don't listen to Corruption, she is just driving you to your own ruin. Forget about going out. You have work to do.
Corruption: Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa, she is not gonna listen to you. My voice is filling her head now. She loves my ideas and she is not gonna listen to you.
Righteousness: No she will. I will make her listen to me.
Corruption (with sarcasm): How are you gonna do that?
Righteousness: I will show you how (and with her fist, hits her nose and drives her back a couple of feet)
Corruption (in pain): Aaw, what was thatfor?
Righteousness (challenging): So that you can shut up and HER can hear me.
Corrupt: Alright if this is the case, here we go (and she pulls Righteousness's hair)
Righteousness: (Screams) You are asking for a fight! Ok, I am all ready for it.
(They start fighting. It becomes more intense every minute. Now both Corruption and Righteousness are all over each other, a smack from here and a bite from there, all tangled up, banging things around and creating an enourmous mess and noise.)
HER (screaming in pain): Stooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both Corruption and Righteousness: Shut up there, we are working here. (and they continue fighting.)
(All of a sudden a big bang, as if something was just hit against the wall. Another bang, a third and a fourth. Corruption and Righteousness stop. Wait for a minute and a fifth bang comes along.)
Corruption: What is this?!
Righteousness: I think HER is banging her head against the wall.
Corruption: What? Why is she doing this?
Righteousness: I am not quite sure but I think she is trying to get rid of one of us.
Corruption: What a fool? Doesn't she know that she can't get rid of us ever?
(Another bang)
Righteousness: Well not if she killed herself.
Corruption: Hmm, what an idea?! (Screams out) Hey girl keep doing that, great job! This world doesn't really deserve living in it.
Righteousness: Are you out of your mind?! This is a sin!!!
Corruption: Do you think I care! That is why they call me Corruption and you are Miss Righteousness.
Righteousness: Ok, I will say it in a language you understand. If she goes, we go with her. Do you still want her to kill herself.
Corruption (thinking): Hmm, may be not. (Smiling) But I can keep her doing it till she just starts to bleed. The veins up here would only take a few more bangs like that and then they will just burst.(screaming) Hey girl one more time and all your problems will be solved. (Hear another bang) That is just lovely!! One more.
Righteousness (sreaming): Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Stop it you are gonna kill yourself. God doesn't like people who kill themselves. Stooooooooooooooooooop. (and she starts pushing Corruption again, they start once more in a fight. The banging from outside increases.)
Reason (sleepy): Ahm, what is going on? You guys are not fighting again are you? And what is all that banging?
Righteousness: It is all Corruption's fault. As always.
Corruption: No it's not. You are the one who started fighting with me.
Righteousness: That is because you are trying to let HER do things that she shouldn't be doing.
Corruption: And you are being so stern, not considering that she is human and has needs and desires that need to be fulfilled. She can't just simply follow the book of right all the time.
(They start fighting again.)
Reason (trying to be in control): Ladies, ladies!!! Let's try to be more civilized here, shall we? Would someone please tell me what is going on here?
Righteousness: She is telling her not to finish her work and to go to that party with that guy, and she should not because it's wrong.
Corruption: I disagree. All what I want is for her to be happy. She has been so tired lately and working so hard that some fun would do her some good. But of course Miss Righteousness won't let me do it because she doesn't understand what is fun in the first place.
Righteousness: Yes I don't understand fun when she has work to do.
Reason: Ok ladies, you are never gonna grow up, I just leave you guys by yourself and everything is ruined. (Thinking) But I think I have a solution for this one.
Both Righteousness and Corruption at the same time (pointing to each other): I don't think you can say anything that make me agree on anything she agrees on.
Reason: Just listen to me. Righteousness, HER has been really working hard lately and she needs to relax for a while.
Corruption: That is what I say.
Righteousness: No way in Heaven.
Reason: I am not done yet. Corruption, you know very well that she has some work to do and she has to do it.
Righteousness: This is what I say.
Corruption: Nonsense, she is human she can't keep working all the time.
Reason (Angry): Can both of you shut up till I am done? (Calms herself down) So here is the deal. She works for a while, finishes what she needs to do and then she goes out with her other group of friends for dinner and a movie.
Corruption: What about going out with him?
Righteousness: No hims.
Corruption: That is not fair. She needs someone in her life.
Reason: Well if it is really a necessity, that other guy in their group might go out for dinner. He is no problem. But not that first guy. He is just trouble.
(Silence)
Reason: What do you guys think?
Corruption (shrugs): Well, it is ok with me.
Righteousness (not really excited about it): May be yes.
Reason (All excited): Yeah, finally no more fighting. (And for a while it was really calm. Even the banging that came from outside stopped at that moment.)
Reason: Great!! Now some relaxation around. Don't worry HER. I am all in control and it will all be fine now.
Corruption and Righteousness (Both looking at each other with challenge and whispering): That's what you think!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2005 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it reflects some inner desire/ controversy youve been going through.

cant put my finger on everything..but it would be grat fun to give some of the characters names!

hehe..

 
At February 19, 2005 5:33 AM, Blogger shamoussa said...

Hey...
I know that.. funny, the same two ladies keep banging in my head about the same issues! However Righteousness wins in the trouble guy's issue and Corruption wins the work issues ;)
Don't let them get to you, and don't bang your head against the wall.. I'd leaves them both behind and move on.. (ma7adesh yestahel za3ali :))) wala za3alek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home