Thursday, March 10, 2005

Friends from all around the world...

Today I was so touched by, although silly, yet extreemly friendly gesture. A friend of mine invited me over for dinner in his place. I told him that I would not be able to make it in time as I had to finish some work. But he insisted that I should come. He was inviting some other friends too and he said it would be ok if I came late. However, just before I leave to go to his place, another friend called me and said that they were all done and I was too late. I felt embarrassed so I called the guy again and asked him if he was sure that I should come. He insisted and said that although no one was there, yet I had to come. I go to his place and there was no light outside. I was late for sure and I just felt more embarressed and thought I will just leave. However, I found him calling me again asking where I was. I told him I was standing by the door but I felt that he had probably gone to bed as the lights were out. He yawned and said, "I was falling asleep but ya come." For a moment, I just was not going to do it. However, I saw him step out and told me to come in. I asked him as I was in the doorway if he was sure it was not late. Again, he insisted that it was fine.
Then all of a sudden the lights went on again and a scream came from where the bedroom was. And here they were all of my friends hiding away in the corner. Apparently no one had gone home and they were playing a trick on me. It was a childish, yet an extreemly warm gesture that for a few moments, made me forget all about being far away from home. It also made me think, if someone ever tells you you can not have friends with someone who is different in nationality, religion, race, language or background, they are the most ignorant and superficial that you have ever met, as I am definite that you can have friends...friends from all around the world!!!

2 Comments:

At May 01, 2005 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi : ). I lived in the states myself for years as a kid. What r u doing there now?

 
At May 30, 2005 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace be upon you,

I just stumbled by this comment of you somewhere on the net:

"The same always happens to me. In fact as I become more and more by myself the more I feel that I am 3 or 4 inside, changing according to surroundings and circumstances, fighting for one of them to be the boss. It always make me feel in so much pain. But you know what I discovered, we are all like that. Why? I don't know, but may be this is one of God's blessings for us because this will mean we are always searching, trying to find the best inside us and trying to commit to it. May be?!!!"

I think i know the answer!. With everyone of us, God assigns a Jinn-being to act as a companion, this companion's job is to always present Satan's polytheistic views, in other words he/she is to act as our test.

This Jinn normally don't see God behind everything, very short=sighted, and that's why he/she are vulnerable to sticking to things and people, as he attributes their power (skill,beauty, knowledge..etc) to them instead of God.

If we accept the Jinn's point of view and act upon it, we are in a state of idol-worship, which is the only unforgivable sin if maintained till death.

This state of mind is characterized by extreme bond with the creatures (either repulsion e.g: hate or fear, or attraction e.g: love).

Ofcourse when we hand our companion the steering wheel, we are destorting God's design, same like Adam followed Satan and ate from the tree (symbolically represents the visible life) inspite of God's order 'not to follow Satan'.

Conclusion: following God's design by being your real self is the only way to Happiness, how to achieve this and reclaim your position as the only Captain of the ship? by accepting God's messages, Quran is the final proven testament that details how to achieve this state of balance.

I hope this can help, feel free to visit my homepage.

Ahmad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home