Monday, June 20, 2005

Fascinated....

When I was a child I was fascinated by airports. Every time someone I know was arriving or leaving, it was my little adventure to accompany my dad to either pick him up or drop him off to the airport. I always thought how amazing it would be to travel around to different places and I prayed for the day I would do that.

Now, although I have been traveling around a lot and being in an airport became quite a normal thing, I still have this fascination for them. Although the limited space the airport occupies, yet it encloses all those different people going and coming from all those different places for all those different reasons.

You see that guy dressed up in an elegant suit, with a laptop and cell phone, talking business and wonder if he was having his 50 million dollars deal within the next few hours. You see that family of six in their Hawaiian shirts, flip flops and tanned skin and wonder how great the trip to Hawaii was. You see that eighty year old, wrinkled lady in her wheel chair, with all the cheerfulness on her face and wonder if she was going to attend her granddaughter’s wedding party. You see that middle aged guy with a bunch of red roses running across the terminal and wonder if he is going to meet his beloved after being away for a long time. You see that teenage boy with his huge bag on his back and excitement in his eyes and wonder if he was going on his dream trip which he would come back from with lot of stories to tell his friends. You see that forty year old lady with a tired but a relieved face and wonder if she was pleased to be back home after a tiring job assignment.

Wherever the people were going to or coming from, whatever the purpose of the trip was, I always wondered would this trip bring them what they were looking for or would it be a totally unexpected event that they never thought would happen. I always wondered!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home