Monday, July 04, 2005

El-Ra2asou 3ala Elselm…. "Those who danced on the stairs...."

Who am I and where do I belong?
Am I “X” or “Y”?
I talk to “Xs” and I feel I am different.
I talk to “Ys” and I feel I don’t fit in.
So lost in my own special world that has no like anywhere else,
So lost in an identity of my own,
Is there such a thing that exists as being in between?
Is there such a world as “XY”?
And if it does exist, why aren’t there any more out there like me?
And if it doesn’t, will I always be like El-Ra2asou 3ala Elselm….?!!!

[The Egyptian saying: “El-ra2asou 3ala el-selm, lel-ta7t shafohom, wala el-fo2 3abarohom”
Roughly: Those who danced on the stairs, neither saw them those underneath, nor paid them attention those above]

5 Comments:

At July 11, 2005 1:29 AM, Blogger salateenoo said...

your words are disturbing me a little bit, can u explain it for me more ?

 
At July 16, 2005 5:20 PM, Blogger Delingooo said...

Salateenoo,
I guess what I was trying to say is that who you are in terms of belonging to a certain category of people, is shaped by your experiences in life. These categories can be anything in terms of backgound, ethnicity, nationality, intellectual abilities, religion, etc. Most people pass through a stereotyped series of experiences that make them fit into a category easily defined. However, in certain instances, with untypical set of experiences, you end up becoming a less stereotyped person that doesn't fit in one of these easily defined categories. Everytime you try to classify yourself, you don't really succeed and you keep wondering if you will ever find a less stereotyped category that you can fit in.

 
At July 18, 2005 1:56 AM, Blogger salateenoo said...

you are absolutely right ....and I have a theory at this particular point ...but it needs a lot of time to explain, maybe another time :)

 
At August 12, 2005 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delingo

most people try to classify themselves to be "belonging to a certain category of people" just to feel safe
the difference makes people feel afraid and beeing a part of a troop makes them feel secure

but u r different , nice u start to realize this , now u can be urself , the real "urself"

let me say it in other words:
every personne is special, is singular , is different then the others ,but we fear to be different

but really it is extreamelly interessting to be "Ensan motamayez" = "special personne"

 
At August 12, 2005 1:28 AM, Blogger R said...

I agree with Fady: You're YOU...

However, You don't have to be X or Y or even XY, why don't you join the Z club? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home