Monday, August 15, 2005

Lost and found

I lost a friend and I don’t know why
What happened? What went wrong?
Was it something I did or said?
Or something I should have done?
I asked the question with no answer to come
Only endless silence I heard and it wasn’t fun.
So much pain, it does cause,
To see a friend go away so fast,
After all what we’ve shared together,
After all what we’ve been through,
So hard to imagine my life without
The support and love of my friend.
I prayed so hard day after day,
That someday, he’d come back,
Forgetting about whatever happened or didn’t happen,
And just allowing me from the beginning to start.
But time passed by and he never showed up,
And slowly he became a memory that only in my head resided.
Then one day the phone rang.
I picked up and said hello.
To my deep surprise, I heard his voice from the other side saying hi.
I couldn’t speak for a moment, I couldn’t say a word.
Was it really him after all these years?!
He asked me how I was and how my life has been.
I answered back and to my surprise his questions kept going on,
With a little joke or a laugh in between.
Then he said he had to go,
But he promised he’d call again,
And insisted we should meet at some point
To revive all those memories of an old friendship,
And suggested having a trip with all of our friends,
Saying that such a thing would be of so much fun.
As he hang up, I kept holding the phone,
Wondering if it was really him.
What happened? What made him come back?!
I haven’t seen him in years so it couldn’t be something I have done.
Then I thought may be it was my prayers. They were answered at last.
So I went on my knees and thanked The Lord,
For now life seems to have a taste,
Now I can really have fun,
As I have once lost my friend but now he is found.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2005 11:09 AM, Blogger Majd Batarseh said...

Delingooo,
i am sure we go through some experiences for the mere reason of learning & consequently growing.. the sad thing is when human relations fade away.. when they become cold.. i dont like that but sometimes thats the only way & who knows what time hides for us? ;)
but angels are always there for us & they are real :)
God Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home